Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Righteousness and Peace kiss each other

Since it is Thanksgiving week right now I figured I would share something on the lighter side. I am a Pinterest fan! (ok that was not what I wanted to share - but the story starts here...) I go on Pinterest on a regular basis, some weeks multiple times a day - you know waking up, bathroom breaks, going to bed, when you are slightly bored, when an idea just hits your head and you cannot let it go until you have done at least some investigation... etc. You get the point.

So, in the middle of all the darkness I have been through over the past years. Close to 8 years to be exact... I was also held up by some crazy force that kept telling me to fight! It told me to even if I locked it away, to not forget whom I was. Ever. So I did. I locked myself up but I didn't forget her. And finally she is starting to come out... humbly and careful but she is on her way out... And she is a force of LOVE.

I stumbled upon this 30 day challenge on Pinterest over the weekend and when I did my soul just smiled! It was exactly what I needed to do... (I added my own part to it too but still).

I encourage you to do the same, no matter where you are in your life because if you start to look at things in a different light (perhaps) things will start to change for the better. You know, it is the law of attraction - positivity attracts positivity.. love attracts love... happiness attracts happiness...



Sorry, I am babbling. Here is the 30 day challenge:

DAY 1 
Name and write down three new things you are grateful for when you wake up. 
Continue for 29 more days.
[waking up focusing on the positive can be a great start of your day as positivity feeds positivity]  

My own addition: Write down one of your most significant prayer for the day.
[remembering your prayer will easier identify that they actually came true...]

DAY 2
Write down one meaningful thing that happened to you in the last 24 hours. 
Continue for 28 more days.
[when you start you will find so many little things in life to be grateful about]

DAY 3 
Reach out to someone you know and praise them. 
Continue for 27 more days. 
[you know what it feels like being told by someone how special you are to them, return the favor!]

DAY 4
Start doing cardio for at least 15 minutes a day. 
Continue for 26 more days. 
[exercise releases endorphins do I need to say more?!]

DAY 5
Start meditating for at least 5 minutes a day. 
Continue for 25 more days. 
[deep breathing keeps us relaxed, provides oxygen to the blood and helps clean out toxins]

DAY 30
You made it! We hope you will keep these habits going beyond the challenge! 


I put the writing part of this challenge on different colored post-it notes and I post them on my wall in my bedroom. When I have completed the 30 day challenge I will buy a journal and put them all in there... It is visual and exciting and my wall is growing of positivity!
---------------------

"I will listen to what God the Lord will say; He promises peace to His people, His saints... 
...Love and Faithfulness meet together; Righteousness and Peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and Righteousness looks down from heaven."

-PSALM 85:8, 10-11 
 
--------------------- 


No comments:

Post a Comment